No sound after new replacement battery

Hello

I have replaced the battery on my iPhone 5s.

Well the battery is fine. Bluetooth, music streaming via Bluetooth, ear piece, etc works fine.

However the speaker and audio jack has stopped working.

It charges just fine.

I took a lot of care in taking out the battery.

I can't figure out what's wrong.

Can somebody offer any insight on this

Peace

Jas

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Most Helpful Answer

The Battery Connector and the Speaker Connector reside underneath the Same Metal Cowling. It's very easy to have the speaker come out a tiny bit during Battery Replacement. Make a trip back into the iPhone and reseat the Speaker. Problem should be solved.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your reply. I tried that, no luck. I have ordered the speaker and the flex cable which has the audio jack, usb port, microphone, etc.

I have no idea whats wrong with it, followed instructions to the letter.

If anything sticks to the speaker, does that mess with it? A screw fell on it and it magnetic as it is, so it clung to it. But that shouldn't "mess it up". I don't know. Hate how apple have made these phones. My old nokia from 15 years ago is still running strong.

Hello Jas,

Usually, when you put a screw or some sort of magnetic object to the speaker, it will not damage the item. You may have accidentally ripped the cable internally or applied too much pressure to break the speaker itself.

Hope your new replacement works.

All the best,

Kevin.

It worked! Did like you said. Opened my iPhone 6s again, detached the speaker and put it back in. Volume is back as well as vibration and headphones. Thanks man!

It also worked for me. Removed the plate covering the 2 connectors and pressed down on the speaker connector. When I heard a click I knew I was on the right track . Speaker now worked. Thanks.

Thank you so much. This was exactly what had happened to me. greatly appreciate your help.

Hello Jas,

First thing that you want to try before assuming it's a hardware problem is to hard reset your phone. You can do this by holding the Power and Home button for 10-15 seconds, or until the screen goes black and the Apple logo shows up again.

Second, try to plug in a pair of headphones into the headphone jack and remove it after. Sometimes, the headphone jack may appear to be "stuck" because it still thinks there are headphones in the phone.

If these troubleshooting tips did not work, then I am afraid it may be a broken headphone jack. Unfortunately, since the headphone jack is tied to the lightning cable flex cable, you have to replace the whole flex cable. iFixit has the part available on their website if you look up the product code IF124-010-1 in the search bar, but I recommend eBay/Amazon because it is significantly less expensive.

Thank you for your reply Kevin,

I already tried that, but it didn't work.

I have ordered those parts from amazon along with a speaker aswell.

Lets see how this goes.

Thanks again,

I have this same problem but with a slight variation. Touch ID and Speaker both don't work, but when I plug in headphones only the right channel comes through. Bluetooth audio and regular phone call audio both work fine. I'm going to re-seat the connectors near the battery connector and see what that does.

Hi Guys,

The speaker in the iPhone was fine. I had to replace the lightening cable, microphone flex cable. I did test the replacement speaker, but the sound was really distorted. So I kept the original apple phone.

I would recommend getting a genuine apple part, but thats difficult to source. Even the parts on this website aren't genuine parts.

I ordered mine from amazon UK for £6.

So its working now.

Thanks for your replies guys.

jaspal will be eternally grateful.