Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

My MacBook Pro does not respond when I try to startup.

My macbook pro retina mid 2014 shut down a few times unexpectedly while there was still battery. The last time this happened it would not startup. When I press the button there is no chime or noise. No response. When I plug the charger in there is no light either. Can anyone advise? Any help is appreciated. The nearest Mac store is a long way away.

I forgot to add that I emailed a guy in Mac store Bali and he reckons a logic board problem which I'm really hoping its not.

If there is no light on the mag-safe adapter, use a multimeter to test the output. Sounds like your just out of power and the battery has run down. See the pin out on this wiki on the right side off the page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MagSafe

Thank you. I'm not certain as as about half battery left when crashed. If I test and the adaptor is OK then what would you suggest? Maybe the port? Any idea how to replace?

Test, then ask.

bindininj will be eternally grateful.