Why does the sound keep cutting out?

Watching tv,any channel and/or movie,sound cuts out constantly for 3to5second intervals

Have the same tv and same problem. It only happens on Uverse. I can turn it off and on and it will fix it most of the time.

It was my old uverse dvr. Got a new one and fixed.

I have the same problem, but I have to unplug it for 10 mins or longer and it comes back in but now it's going off soon after it's back on?? Please help

I have no dvr or cable. Only regular broadcast tv. Flat screen samsung tv. Everyday time of the channels (different ones each time) have no sound. Not the sap (language) button, not the mute. I have no type of boxes connected.

what brings back the sound is i have to channel up and down to channels with sound many times until finally i get sound on these channels. It's infuriating.

catgotmymail@yahoo.com

See my answer below. Hope it helps

Here is a link which may be of some help.

Try the 'Sound Test' first ( if it is available on your model) and if it doesn't help with finding a solution try the 'Reset' option and see if it helps.

http://www.samsung.com/au/support/skp/fa...

Also, if you have an headphones connection on the TV, try it and see if the problem exists. It may be a 'speaker' problem as opposed to an audio one.

Hate to tell you this but I have ac Samsung ue65hu8500.

From day 1 ive had the same issue as well. No amount of resets nor firmware upgrades have fixed it. Samsung completely deny its an issue. A four thousand pound mistake. Even sorcing from roku and using bluetooth headphones the same.

Some films, via the Netflix app, I can reproduce sound cut out 100% guarantted in the same place. Samsung said not their app even though its on their hub. Even when I said the issue was from on tv on apps via roku - all sources, they refused to accept there is an issue.

The reason im saying now.. In the last 1 hour ive had the issue at least 20 times.

I really just want to throw the TV. But, like I said, 4k when I bought it a couple of years back - I just dont feel I can warrant the waste. I jyst wish Samsung would do the right thing.

Wont be buying Samsung ever again.

Samsung UN50EH5000 50-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED TV (2012 Model)

Is my model...

Nothing nothing nothing solves this!

No cable box, no dvr, no netflix, no direct tv, not SAP, regular broadcast tv.

As i said before...

I have to channel up and down dozens of times then it's back...

GRRRRRR

Hi: I have had the same problem. I turned off my Bose Soundbar and turned up the tv ( Samsung 4K) volume. It's fine now.

We've isolated the issue to the optical board. When our sound bar is hooked up via component cable there is NO DROPOUTS. The minute we hook up the optical cable for (better) sound, the dropouts start. I believe it's defective optical boards and Samsung doesn't want to replace them in millions of units.

I have a samsung smart tv maybe 48 inches, can't remember. It's only either 2 or 3 yrs old this Christmas and it to has also just started do that. Not very happy !

I recently purchased a samsung UN40J5200 1080 Smart TV with preloaded apps including Netflix and Amazon. When downloading movies from EITHER app after about 20 min of watching sound sound cuts out with short irregular bursts of sound. TV verified apps were up to date. I was able to overcome problem by using a Roku model 4620X (a smart device with powerful quad processor) to connect with Netflix etc.

My hypothesis for streaming problems is that Samsung didn't put enough RAM to hold the movies and prioitizes picture over sound! IF THIS IS TRUE then they are being CHEAP. Not a good business model. I won't buy another Samsung TV. I wasted about 3 hours on this problem and it was very annoying!

I purchase a Samsung on Black Friday. I am having issues with the sound only when it comes to Netflix. I don't want to have to purchase additional equipment to make it work. What are other resolutions? I'm disappointed with Samsung. I was on the phone with Samsung, Netflix amd my internet company and got nowhere, that were blaming each other. I want the problem fixed as it is frustrating.

My Samsung will play on Channel 3 (directv), but one all the others it cuts in and out. I have done everything including resets. No more Samsung for me.

Mike Fleming will be eternally grateful.