Dishwasher is unresponsive with no lights on keypad

Unit is a Whirlpool Gold Dishwasher (W10632081A which is now WDT710PAYB), purchased 9/14.

My dishwasher has stopped working and is unresponsive. I believe it was opened during its wash cycle, and now there's standing water on the bottom, and no response anymore from the keyboard. I had tried several times to push the cancel/drain button, and for those several attempts it (the button) would illuminate but then turn off when I closed the door (and it would not run, hence no draining). Finally, it just became unresponsive.

I found somebody saying on justanswer.com to try pressing 'heated dry / sani rinse / heated dry / sani rinse' and this might be effective in resetting the control board. However, this has proven unsuccessful.

Does anybody else have any ideas? Thank you.

Kyle N

Jayeff, I wanted to follow up on the resolution of this.

My problem ended up being a loose power connection in the back of the unit. Over time, the vibrations of the unit, along with opening and closing the door constantly, combined with the way I had mounted it caused it to become loose. So, it wasn't a failure due to pressure, or the control board, but it was just powering on and off randomly due to the loosening connection.

Thanks for your help, and hopefully this post can help somebody else.

Hi radicalng8,

Thanks for the feedback.

Most Helpful Answer

This link may be of relevance to your problem, especially the answer provided by Dan Loehr on 05/20/2015 (2nd answer provided)

Dishwasher whirlpool quiet partner I push start button nothing happens

Jayeff, I am going to try cleaning out the bottom as referenced in the link. This makes complete sense because between yesterday and today, it came back to life, and I started it again and then it stopped mid-cycle and then completely shut down on me. This seems to correlate with the dishwasher running into problems (such as a draining issue) and then stopping.

I will let you know if it worked after I have a chance to do this. Thank you!!

radicalng8 will be eternally grateful.