Dishwasher

Repair and disassembly guides and support for dish washing appliances.

Dishwasher whirlpool quiet partner I push start button nothing happens

i was having problems with the door latch it is fixed working great i pushed the start button it only flashes green no noise or anything just flashes any ideas ?

Wil, did it work before you replaced the door latch? What model number is your Whirlpool?

by oldturkey03

Wil, try to reset your dishwasher. To reset it, you will have to have the door open. It can not be latched. Press "Heated Dry," "Normal," "Heated Dry," "Normal" within three seconds of the first pressed button. Now close the door, this should reset your dishwasher. Hope this helps, good luck.

On some newer models, you can push any 3 buttons in the following sequence: 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3, with no more than a second between each button push. That will put the dishwasher in diagnostic mode. This is the case for our Whirlpool dishwasher bought in late 2014, which doesn't have dedicated 'heat dry' and 'normal' buttons. Rather, it has fewer buttons, each of which can be toggled through several states which include 'heat dry' and 'normal'. So the traditional method of pushing just those 2 buttons in sequence repeatedly didn't work for me. I only learned this new method by pulling off the plastic panel next to the floor, and finding instructions for repair technicians stored there in a plastic bag. It might be worth looking for such instructions stored under your model.

This was the correct answer for me. Thanks.

by Darren Johnson

is this with door open or closed

by Rob Owen

Thanks, This worked for me. I still don't know what the results should look like when the diagnostic runs and completes. I could not find the manual.

by Dave Cooper

Dish washer blew circuit breaker, ext. lights light up but will not run, could this be fuse and, if so, what size fuse does my Whirlpool Quiet 1 use? Thank you

thank you so much for reset it works now. I am so glad I dishes every where.

Reset worked for me, much thanks!

After reset, seems to be washing, but only lasted about 10 minutes. Totally did not do dry cycle. I usually wash on light load, and after pushing >heated dry>normal>heated dry>normal, closed door, and started on normal cycle. Did reset again, and waiting, and started on normal this time too.

I have a Quiet Partner 1 when I try to reset it, i cant hit the Heated dry and Normal buttons twice...It will let me do it once but the 2nd time i try hitting the normal button it automatically goes to pots and pans button! HELP!!!!

I had the problem and used both methods. The only thing is the machine would act like it was about to wash then stopped. Anyone have a suggestion?

by MIKE R

Had the same problem and it works!!

Wil will be eternally grateful.