Dishwasher

Repair and disassembly guides and support for dish washing appliances.

Dishwasher whirlpool quiet partner I push start button nothing happens

i was having problems with the door latch it is fixed working great i pushed the start button it only flashes green no noise or anything just flashes any ideas ?

Wil, did it work before you replaced the door latch? What model number is your Whirlpool?

by oldturkey03

Can I change the door from white to black mod#W10632077A

by Joe Johnson

I have the same model

If the unit door isn't vertical mine doesn't work

Try this

Open the door halfway

Push down and in just a bit.

If it won't move in don't force it, but rather try pulling it out a bit.

Now try START.

You're welcome. (I hope.)

by Bill l

Wil, try to reset your dishwasher. To reset it, you will have to have the door open. It can not be latched. Press "Heated Dry," "Normal," "Heated Dry," "Normal" within three seconds of the first pressed button. Now close the door, this should reset your dishwasher. Hope this helps, good luck.

What if dishwasher doesn't have a button that says normal or heated dry?

by kristie2320

My doesn't light up at all and the reset didn't work any advice would be appreciated

by Tim Delp

Tried this and it worked!!! So glad to have something like this to refer to,

instead of calling the service man. Found out the hard way they don't know as much as I thought they would. From now on, I'm coming here first.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

by Deb Piper

I had same issue. dishwasher would stop half way thru cycle. then wouldn't start. changed door sensors, pushed start button and it started just to see if it would. now the start button is blinking. tried to reset No Luck. any other suggestions?

by Mom

On some newer models, you can push any 3 buttons in the following sequence: 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3, with no more than a second between each button push. That will put the dishwasher in diagnostic mode. This is the case for our Whirlpool dishwasher bought in late 2014, which doesn't have dedicated 'heat dry' and 'normal' buttons. Rather, it has fewer buttons, each of which can be toggled through several states which include 'heat dry' and 'normal'. So the traditional method of pushing just those 2 buttons in sequence repeatedly didn't work for me. I only learned this new method by pulling off the plastic panel next to the floor, and finding instructions for repair technicians stored there in a plastic bag. It might be worth looking for such instructions stored under your model.

This was the correct answer for me. Thanks.

by Darren Johnson

is this with door open or closed

by Rob Owen

Thanks, This worked for me. I still don't know what the results should look like when the diagnostic runs and completes. I could not find the manual.

by Dave Cooper

This worked. The lights flash and it looks like it is running a diagnostic. But I have no way to interpret what the lights mean. Is there somewhere I can go to tell me what the lights are telling me?

by Dave Cooper

You are awesome! worked for me! Whirlpool model W10632083A

by sdjbpaul

The reset works fine but if you don't clean out the cutter area, the dishwasher will not work properly and you'll be right back where you started. Check You Tube ("what to do when the dishwasher won't clean") to learn how to clean out the sump assembly, the cutter screen and chopper arm area and then do a reset. Usually, the junk in the bottom of the dishwasher is what caused the dishwasher to not work properly so just resetting it won't resolve the problem.

After reset, seems to be washing, but only lasted about 10 minutes. Totally did not do dry cycle. I usually wash on light load, and after pushing >heated dry>normal>heated dry>normal, closed door, and started on normal cycle. Did reset again, and waiting, and started on normal this time too.

This is what happened for me too. Still trying all the suggestions.

by phyllisgoodwin

I found out the hard way that the junk in the bottom of the dishwasher must be removed before the reset will work. The "sump assembly area" where the cutter is must be cleaned out first! You'll be surprised at all the junk in there!

by lyndabetht

Ok, so I've tried every combination of code to reset our whirlpool quiet partner 2 and nothing works. If you hit cancel, no matter if it's after the code or whenever, it will go thru a drain cycle. The clean light continues to blink, it's a steady blink. Does anyone have any ideas?

Wil will be eternally grateful.