A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, first announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

rain water on my ps4

while actively playing my new ps4 we got a very heavy rain storm. my ps4 game console as well as several other electrical components are stacked up in the unused fireplace (rain came down chimney)...on the screen came a "no signal" . I unplugged everything. My game console was dripping water. I have heard that it is worse to have happen while on vs while off. any ideas? is this fixable? or should I just buy another one? p.s. now I have no access to Netflix also.

thx, tg

yes it was on. I was playing a game.. and then the "no signal" came on the screen. I have had it close to my wood stove in basement for a few days now. I have a moisture meter that says it is from 0%-60%... depending on where I hold the moisture meter on the console. any advice would be appreciated. thx, tg

Was it on when the rain hit it? I recommend opening it up if you are comfortable doing so and letting it dry out for a few days. After that, put it back together and test it.

The idea being the same as the drying-out solution for wet smartphones.

How far did you dismantle the console before letting it dry? (Heads up if you still have a warranty. Opening the console past the hard drive will void it. If its expired, then you don't have to worry about voiding when you open the console.) Its important that the parts are exposed enough so they can dry out.

You will need to disassemble the console and lay out its parts in order to make sure it drys out completely. If its not dissembled, the console will shield the moisture inside from drying. Once you lay out the parts of the consoles, let them dry out on their own. I wouldn't recommend putting them next to the wood stove, as too much heat can damage them. Letting the room's air dry them out presents the least amount of risk.

Only attempt this if you are comfortable doing so - Like I said above, disassembling a PS4 past the hard drive will void the warranty, and removing parts from the case present their own risks for damage, even for repair.

mypoolmannet will be eternally grateful.