The third generation of the Samsung Galaxy Note phablet series released September 25, 2013. Identifiable by the model number N9005.

Why does GPS never work?

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T for T-Mobile.

The only issue I have with it is that GPS almost or never works at all.

I have tried multiple ways to fix the GPS on it and so far nothing. I have not however tried to take it apart or do any kind of rooting to fix the problem, and I don't plan on doing that either.

When I use Maps, or any other "location-based services", the GPS is able to be turned on, and it acts like its trying to find my location, but its really not. I have sat for hours at a time for it to get my location, still nothing.

What could be wrong with it? I thought it might have to do with the GPS antenna having to be replaced, but I don't know how much that would cost since I bought my phone from a electronics dealer. And I would do it myself if I could find a way to do it without putting my phone in harms way.

I have no other issues with my phone, just this one. Can somebody tell me what the issue is?

Thanks, Ray

Hi Guys!

I've got the same issue but finally I solved it.

Recently i had downloaded an app called Untis mobile i removed it and that's it.

Everything is back to normal.

So look which app/apps recently you've got and then try removing one by one and check if GPS problem is solved or not.

Thanks, Amir Ali Khan

I'm wondering if your gps antennae has come undone. On the back of the logic board, after you've removed the 12 screws and pried off the back plastic cover, in the top right corner there's an orange tab that needs to be connected to a matching rectangle

I just did the process and it now works like never before! Its so accurate now! Thanks a lot, you really helped me through this!

For SOLVE this problem see video, GPS 100% works in galaxy note 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkRPVmrw...

What worked? I followed the link, but YouTube has taken down kkovalski. Thank you for any time or information you can share!

There is something in the software screwing things up, try putting it in airplane mode, it will work.

Ray Myers will be eternally grateful.