2.6 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.2 GHz) with 3 MB shared L3 cache.

Replacing A1502 Display Assmebly

Looking to replace my cracked display assembly for the Early 2015 A1502 model.

For some reason, the late 2013, mid 2014 models can go as low as $300 used but I cannot find any one specifically for the early 2015 model less than $700.

Can someone tell me if these are compatible I haven't found anything on the subject.

Most Helpful Answer

Unfortunately the part for the 2015 model is a little different than the other two. The 13 in. early 2015 model part number is '661-02360' while the part for the 13in 2013/2014 is '661-8153'.

What I would recommend is to either contact Apple or take it to an apple store/authorized apple service provider and check their prices. There is usually a mail in option for a flat rate fee of about $350 or so I believe that you can get the computer repaired for, or you can have them repair it or possible provide the part to you for around $350-$500. It's still pretty pricey, but it will come straight from apple and be cheaper than your $700 alternatives.

Thanks man I appreciate it I'll check it out.

No problem! It's always better, in my opinion, to get the replacement part done straight from apple even if it ends up being a tiny bit more expensive. Unless of course the alternative saves you a ton of money. ;)

Excellent, informed answer Mitchell. With tax, about $357.00. It also keeps his warranty intact on his 2015.

Aodhan Murphy will be eternally grateful.