The Epson WF-2540 is an all-in-one color inkjet printer.

Scanner ADF not working including light

Not able to use my ADF scanner. Does not feed nor does the light come on indicating anything in feeder. Wondering is the sencer is the issue, but not able to find. I do not have a jam, or paper stuck. Very clean. Any help would be greatfull.

Hi

Does scanning work when you use the PC Epson Scan software, from the printer control or neither? Does the scan option work using the platen glass?

Hi! Yes my scanner works from flatbed but not auto feed.

I have the same issue. Also, the Epson Scan software does not recognize the printer connected at all. So that solution can not be tested. Flatbed scanning with the device control panel worked fine and automatically discovered the PC's in the house. ADF is what is totally dead.

Flatbed scanning with the software worked fine and automatically discovered the Mac in the house. ADF i scanner dead is what is totally dead. It sees my PC will not scan using scan controls on printer or software on computer.

Hi Kath,

Try the following:

1. go to Menu >settings scroll down to "Restore Default Settings"

2. press Ok, select restore all but WiFi and Fax Settings, press Ok

If that doesn't work, using the following picture as a guide, I am not sure as I'm not familiar with your particular model but if you look into the paper feeder (#2 in the picture) you may be able to see the sensors in there. In my printer they are spring loaded switches that are pushed up when the paper is inserted.

Hopefully this is of some help.

Thanks, Kath. The scanner/copy lamp on my Epson WorkForce WF-3640 would not come on. I "Restored Default Settings" (all but WfFi and Fax) as you suggested and that solved the problem!

I have just restored to default settings 2 times and it's still not working. Light won't come on. I've checked thoroughly and no paper jams. Any other suggestions? Cindy

I was having the same issue and restored and it didn't seem too work but kept messing around with it and if your refer to the picture above provided by jayeff and lift up the ADF cover and sit the papers directly onto the paper feeder and then close the cover and then scan it should then be able to start to grab the papers at vs just inserting them in with the cover closed, it worked for me.

Kath will be eternally grateful.