The Epson WF-2540 is an all-in-one color inkjet printer.

Scanner ADF not working including light

Not able to use my ADF scanner. Does not feed nor does the light come on indicating anything in feeder. Wondering is the sencer is the issue, but not able to find. I do not have a jam, or paper stuck. Very clean. Any help would be greatfull.

Hi

Does scanning work when you use the PC Epson Scan software, from the printer control or neither? Does the scan option work using the platen glass?

Hi! Yes my scanner works from flatbed but not auto feed.

I have the same issue. Also, the Epson Scan software does not recognize the printer connected at all. So that solution can not be tested. Flatbed scanning with the device control panel worked fine and automatically discovered the PC's in the house. ADF is what is totally dead.

Most Helpful Answer

Hi Kath,

Try the following:

1. go to Menu >settings scroll down to "Restore Default Settings"

2. press Ok, select restore all but WiFi and Fax Settings, press Ok

If that doesn't work, using the following picture as a guide, I am not sure as I'm not familiar with your particular model but if you look into the paper feeder (#2 in the picture) you may be able to see the sensors in there. In my printer they are spring loaded switches that are pushed up when the paper is inserted.

Hopefully this is of some help.

Thanks, Kath. The scanner/copy lamp on my Epson WorkForce WF-3640 would not come on. I "Restored Default Settings" (all but WfFi and Fax) as you suggested and that solved the problem!

Kath will be eternally grateful.