The Xbox 7MN-0001 Wireless Controller, was manufactured by Microsoft Corporation. It is the first generation Xbox One controller released, but has since been discontinued. This controller has since been supersuded by Models 1697/1698 and Model 1708. While this controller is commonly used with the Xbox One, it can also be used for PC gaming.

My controller constantly wants to keep moving up

When I turn on my Xbox the controller wants to move up the screen constantly and wont stop its a struggle to try to scroll down on anything or play a game.

Most Helpful Answer

you will need replace the main thumbtack controller modules .

These are cubed /boxed type module with several soldering points which connect to the board itself .

they can be found on EBAY if no luck here ,I will add that the solder points are small so a thin point solder iron and fine solder reel will be required also

Also having this problem. I thought to replace the analog sticks, and while I'm waiting for the new ones to arrive in the mail I'd just use the D-Pad to still be able to navigate Netflix and the like.

After desoldering and removing both analog sticks, the problem persists - it constantly scrolls upwards in menus. I'm thinking the problem may be with the D-Pad buttons on the bottom motherboard. I don't think those can be replaced, short of replacing the entire bottom motherboard.

It is worth it to take the controller apart to check things out. I was having an issue with my controller drifting really heard to the down and right. I was ready to order a new one when I decided to crack it open and see what I could see.

I found that one of the vibration motors had come loose and was making the controller drift. I put it back in place, slapped it back together and its worked great ever since.

Bottom line: Take it apart and verify before someone tells you automatically that its bad. The things get dropped (OK thrown) and stuff happens. Take 5 minutes and you could save yourself $50.

I think it is just with the Netflix app because I don't have this problem with anything else on my xbox one.

You're right it is with the Netflix app because I just changed to the HBOGO app and every other app I have and it works fine. Thank u!

it didnt work at all

Hopefully you problem is already solved, but just for the record I will post this...

• Connect controller to computer using USB
  • in Windows, press Win+R and type "joy.cpl" (without quotes)
  • in opened application select your controller and press properties
  • Press buttons on your controller to see if they are triggered correctly (in my case I was able to see that dpad is pressed permanently without me doing anything)

Above steps will help you diagnose what's wrong with buttons!

• Once you know which buttons/dpad/thumbsticks/etc are affected you have to disassemble controller using iFixIt guides.
  • In my case (Xbox One Controller with Bluetooth) I had to reach motherboard with dpad because under dpad was white tape that was not accessible to easily remove... and I needed to do it to clean underneath (and metal "squares"). (this tape is needed, don't mess too much with it)

All the best

i just bought my new xbox one s and for god sake .... everything was fine until it started to drift up

Chadd Rohde will be eternally grateful.