Complete disassembly and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus.

How to fix after update trough iTunes

Hi, I bought my iPhone in Canada, but then brought it to South America with the chip so I could use it with any SIM card. But when I did the iTunes update it blocked my phone and now my phone only says "insert valid SIM card". How can I fix it?

Most Helpful Answer

You may need to "jailbreak" and unlock the iPhone. If this is an iPhone 2G (the original model), you can follow this guide: http://www.ihackintosh.com/2010/02/jailb...

If you have an iPhone 3G or 3GS and you updated to iOS 4.0.1, then you can visit the website (using your iPhone): jailbreakme.com. After jailbreaking, you then select the Cydia app and search for and install "ultrasn0w" (note the 0 is a zero).

If you updated to 4.0.2 or later, then you are stuck until a new jailbreak method is revealed.

If you have an unlocked or jailbroken iPhone, you should never let iTunes update your phone. You need to research first and find out if there is a safe way to update for any new iOS version.

Alexandra will be eternally grateful.