Repair and support for the controllers that shipped with the PS3. Released in November 2007 (Japan only) and 2008 (other countries), the six-axis lithium battery powered controller (CECHZC2) is straightforward to repair.

Where can I purchase a battery for a Dualshock 3?

The battery on one of my older PS3 controllers is holding less and less of a charge recently, and may be going out. Is there somewhere where I can buy a new battery for it? What form factor and voltage should I look for?

It looks like amazon carries them:

http://www.amazon.com/nuLife-battery-wir...

Walmart marketplace has a seller called eForCity that sells Insten products. One of those products is a bundle of a silicone controller sleeve and a rechargeable battery for around $7. Insten products hold up rather well, so I'd recommend getting it.

I have found one for sale here DealExtreme

Has anyone had any experience with the installation of this one?

dealextreme.com for 3.99 and free shipping and comes with a new usb cable

install is simple 5 screws and unclip the old battery and unplug it and plug in the new one and install the new battery and don't forget to reset the controller there is a small hole on the back push it in with a paper clip and hold it for a few seconds and release it. charge it and resync it and should be good to go.

Daniel Monego will be eternally grateful.