Why does my iPhone5 keep powering up and shutting down by itself?

After completing my screen replacement due to it being severely shattered, I was not able to get the iphone to boot up. When connected to the charger the iphone turns on and off repeatedly, once the charging sounds it shuts off & the LCD does not turn on. I have never experienced this issue for the 6 years I have been repairing iphones.

So far I have tried another charging cable, I replaced the iphone power port. The battery does have a some bubbles building up, I have a battery on the way, not sure what else to do ?

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

Definitely a battery issue. Hopefully it can be solved by just putting a new battery in. Otherwise you've damaged something with the battery connector, on the logic board

Thanks! I hope it is the battery.

I replaced the battery along with the power board, still experiencing the same issue. When I plug the charger, the iphone just makes that charging sound to alert you the phone is charging. It just keeps on making that sound, no display at all.

Try a force restart

Ernesto will be eternally grateful.