iPod Classic Repair

Model A1238 / 80, 120, or 160 GB hard drive / black or silver metal front

Why does the Apple logo flash on and off?

My Ipod 160gig Classic does not boot up. Instead, I see a while 'apple' with a black background flashing on and off. I've charged it and sometimes the menu will appear but it does not play.

Thanks for your replies. The iPod still does not work. I'm thinking it could be a battery problem and have ordered a battery but it could be another problem. Doug

by Doug

My Ipod 30gig Classic does not boot up. Instead, I see a while 'apple' with a black background flashing on and off. I've charged it and sometimes the menu will appear but it does not play.

Here's how to fix it: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1363?viewl...

Hi Doug, I'm having the same problem. Reseting, or trying to put the I iPod into disc modus didn't help. Did you have luck changing the battery?

Yes. It turns out that a battery replacement was needed. Apparently, my car, a VW RAbbit, constantly charges the ipod. My thinking is that this is hard on the battery which lasted only about 2 years.

Good luck!

Doug

Doug will be eternally grateful.