Repair guides and support for coffee makers by Keurig including the K-Cup systems.

lid will not close

we have a keurig 2.0

which no longer works. it was purchased 11/29/14. The lid will no longer close.

is there a solution to this problem.

Thank u , this solution worked, I wonder if now Keurig will admit there is a potential issue and this is experienced by more than a "few"?

Kristy, corporations no longer admit any faults. It takes a class action law suit. Integrity is now a term from a bygone era.

Thank you! Obviously this is a real problem that many are experiencing. Amazing how much we pay for these machines and how quickly they fail with no help from "customer service". Thank you again for posting this quick fix.

I also have a Keurig 2.0 Coffee Maker that has the same exact problem. Unfortunately, Keurig Customer Support claims they have not had any other complaints pertaining to this issue. After researching online, and tinkering with my existing Keurig, I was able to find 2 easy solutions without having to take apart or troubleshoot the Keurig. Simply place a K-cup into the Keurig; when you're about to close the lid either (1) Hold both sides of black frame piece (right above where K-cup sits) and simply pull the handle down or (2) There is a hole in the same black frame that my finger fits in perfectly. (located to the left of the puncturing needle) simply put a finger in the hole and pull towards you to be able to pull down the handle without an issue.

I tried solution 2, and it was easy. Closed like it never had a problem in the first place ! Nice to see Keurig stand behind their products ....Thanks Tyler!

Many thanks, Tyler!

I was messing around with my Keurig for a couple of hours this morning trying to get the lid to close. I tried numerous tips until I came across your solution. It worked for me, and I am so happy to have my coffee back. I am grateful you took the time to post this.

12 Aug 2017

Tried the second one first and it worked like a charm! Thank you so much

Thanks a lot)

Yes, this works.Keurig take notice!

First thing this morning I tried to make a cup of coffee. I lifted the lid and it got stuck. I fiddled with it, tried several things. Nothing worked. I couldn't continue because I had to shower and get ready for work. Tonight, I tried your suggestion. On the first try, IT WORKED! You made my night! Thank you!

Amazing! I'm having the same problem (a year and a half after you originally posted this) and squeezing the sides of the frame while closing fixed mine, as well. Thank you! :-D

Tried 2 worked. Thank you. Is there a permanent fix to this other than getting it serviced???

The lid is composed of two articulating pieces.The outer lid with the latching handle and an inner lid that closes on the Kcup. There are 2 small tabs that are designed to guide the inner lid down onto the cup that are broken off on mine. With those tabs missing the inner goes into a notch that locks the two lids in the open position. Replacing the part with the broken tabs would require more time and effort than it is worth. Besides that you would have to get the part from Keurig, if they would sell it to you. If you lift the lid to its highest, you see the second internal lid and you can use your fingers to guide it down past the notch that locks it and everything works normally.

Using the two tabs in the inner lid worked, I couldn’t figure out what the other person was talking about that worked for everyone else...thanks for posting!

joe payne will be eternally grateful.