0

Kyle Miller
13

Replacing Trackpad - Tri-wing size?

Greetings all,

I'm replacing a cracked trackpad on my A1278, per Ben Eisenman's instructions here.

I do not own a tri-wing screwdriver or appropriate bit, and I wanted to make sure I ordered the right one(s). The six tri-wing screws on top seem to be significantly smaller than the tri-wing height adjustment screw, and I wouldn't think that the same size bit would work for both.

Could someone possibly confirm the sizes of these heads? Would the tri-wings from the 54 Piece Set, #0 and #1, be sufficient?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , Kyle Miller ( )

3

mayer
296k
MacHale Enterprises

yes

Sad to say that the #0 tri-wing bit was not small enough for the six screws affixing the trackpad to the aluminum body. It was only sufficient for the height adjustment screw.

Kyle Miller,

0

Brian Yanosik
1

@mayer

if #0 was not small enough, how did you remove the six screws?

0

Brian Hernandez
1

Waiting for my Tri-wing screwdriver to arrive. In the meantime I used an open side of my tweezers to slowly but successfully unscrew each of the tri-wing screws holding in the battery. Not recommended, but worked in a pinch for a client.