A collection of guides and support to help with washer repair.

washing machine gets stuck on rinse

Top load maytag washing machine goes thru the 1st wash cycle and drains ok. Gets to the rinse cycle and fills up and starts to agitate only.

I did replace the lid switch and still the same problem. The timer actually advances past the "spin" all the way to the end never draining the 2nd fill. I have to manually put the timer dial back to spin to drain it.

Cause 1

Lid Switch Assembly

The lid switch assembly prevents the washer from spinning when the lid is open. If the lid switch assembly fails, the washer will not spin. To determine if the lid switch assembly is defective, use a multimeter to test the lid switch for continuity. If the lid switch does not have continuity, replace it.

Cause 2

Motor Coupling

The motor coupling connects the motor to the washer transmission. If the washer is overloaded, the motor coupling will fail in order to protect both the motor and transmission. The motor coupling can also fail due to normal wear. Inspect the motor coupling to determine if it is broken. If the motor coupling is broken, replace it.

Cause 3

Drive Belt

Inspect the drive belt to determine if it is broken or if it is loose on the pulleys. If the drive belt is broken or loose, replace it.

No please read my question

So it will spin?

Yes it will go thru the wash drain and spin cycle but when it refills on the rinse cycle it fills and starts agitating and never drains or spins from there while timer does advance past the rinse and spin cycle but it just stays agitating til the end and just shuts off. At that point I have to turn the timer back to spin and then the water will drain and spin to finish. Thanks

Replace the main control board.

Mine keeps runnning on rinse

Kevin will be eternally grateful.