Apple announced the Retina MacBook 2015, model A1534, on March 9, 2015 to launch on April 10. It has a new unibody construction and includes an updated trackpad, keyboard, and Retina display.

How to replace MacBook 2015 12 inch spacebar

I removed my space bar as it wasn't going down all the way, thought I should clean it out. I cannot get it back in so I can press the key down as beforehand, how do I go along to replace it, without having my whole laptop replaced or sent to be serviced?

You need to separate the white part of the key from the top of the key, the part that's anchored by the 2 long wires VERY CAREFULLY, then press the white part into the base by the little pegs. Then you press the black top onto the wires bottom side (one sided peg instead of two) first. You need to keep track of the orientation of the parts and be VERY CAREFUL when you remove the parts because the little pegs break easily.

Do you know how can I buy a new spacebar? I broke some of the small pegs.

Okay I just did this. You have to separate the white thing under the spacebar from the black part of the key. Place that back in the keyboard first (make sure it is correct with the little white dots face-down and pointing to the bottom). Then once that is on you can black the black bar on top.

thanks for the answer, would of really helped if I didn't accidentally break off the little pegs which hold the key in place, wish I could get replacement parts.

Trying this broke my spacebar.

Thanks alot, it really helps me.

This didn't work, even made my laptop worst, no keyboard parts.

It is covered under warranty. Try looking at the key replacement guide here: Retina MacBook 2015 Keyboard Key Replacement

I've looked at this however I am having troubles getting the spacebar back in evenly, so that I am also able to click it down. Thanks anyways.

EDIT - I can take out and replace normal keys such as letters

Without being able to see it, I can't tell if something is broken or missing. Take it to an Apple store for a free fix.

mayer I can't view the guide; what am I doing wrong?

@kevinweber I don't know. Lets let the wonder worker problem solver @kaykay delve into this mystery. She's knows who's butt to kick to get it fixed. In her case it's called people management, and she's very very good at it ;-).

Awesome. Thanks for being the hero of iFixit

dont be stupid and remove keys form ur keyboard just tap gently from the back side /under the space bar or whichever key is facing issues and it will work like before

Thanksfor thisinformation.Ihavethe sameproblem. Ifoundavideo onhow toremove thespace bar, but itdidn't showhow toputit back, so I broke thoselittle tabs on the white piece andamgoing totheApple Store to get it fixed,

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205662

This article shows a great way to clean your keyboard out without taking off the keys. I had a stuck key on my computer, and just blowing hard with my own mouth, using the link above, helped it get working again!

Caleb will be eternally grateful.