iPhone doesn't load anymore

Hey iFixit community,

I have a problem with an iPhones 5s. It was fallen into an toilet -.-

After that it didn't start anymore, so I opened it and dry it. After that I claend the motherboard with 100% alcohol and changed the Battery with a new one. So I was ablte to start the phone. Everything works fine, expect the homebutton(fingerprint is working), microphone and connector. So I also swaped the whole dock connector. Now the phone still not recharge -.- The computer doesn't get a signal, too.

If I turn it of and plug in the Cable the iphone restart automatically , so i think the new dock connector is working. But the recharge, homebutton and microphone won't work.

I only have 20% battery left.

Do you have an idea, how to fix that issue? :)

Thank you very very much,

Felix

Hello Felix,

Finding fault will be complicated as you phone is liquid damaged. find the below image and find the location, remove the EMI shield

Clean the area around U2 and re-hot using BGA reworking station

let the logic board cool and re-fix the connectors and check whether phone begin to charge as normal. if the fault remain same change the U2 chip

Note : Replacing BGA components you may need sound BGA reworking skills

Good luck !

Felix will be eternally grateful.