black screen after screen replaced

I was checking some iPhone 5 screens that I had on a customers iPhone 5s that had a cracked screen. Found a good one. installed all the parts on the new screen. The backlight works and the phone turns on I know because it buzzes. Also if I call the # it rings. Also iTunes see's the phone but I can't set password. But now there is a black screen. I have tried all the button resets from the internet sites. I can see the backlight on the edge of the screen but no video. I have tried several different known good screens but same results. This customer is being patient but I don't know for how long. HELP!

Disconnect the battery and then reconnect and turn it on by plugging it in should work i dont know why it does

Thanks already tried that.

I find doing a simple reset (holding the power and home button for around 15 seconds) works for me, the majority of the time.

Thanks already tried that.

Install a Original Screen that has cracked screen and see if you see the screen.

The original screen was totally shattered and unusable.

Use a diffrent original cracked screen

Already tried multiple known good screens.

Disconnect screen and check the connectors on the phone to make sure there is no damage or bent pins.

Loren Robinson will be eternally grateful.