Model A1418 / Late 2013 / 2.7 & 2.9 GHz Core i5 or 3.1 GHz Core i7 Processor

How to: replace power button

I need help!

when i replacing the HDD for an SSD in my machine. I cut the power cord from the power button.

someone could help me with a tutorial video or maybe writing about how to replace this piece ?

My power button cable was also damaged while adding an SSD to my iMac. The conector that connects to the logic board to be more precise. Is there anything that can be done to fix this issue?

@Andrew - Do you still have the connector end or is it broken?

It's broken. I don't even know where it went. I got the logic board reseated and looked up and it was broken.

To update my situation, I fixed my problem by cutting the wires off the old power button, purchasing a rear housing off eBay and splicing the wires together with the connector from the purchased housing. Everything works great and my computer now has 2 new hard drives. Thanks for the help and answers!

It's possible to take off the power button ?

Ouch! So the cable is completely cut. You should be able to splice the cut sections together the button is not polarized so you don't need to worry which way it's wired. If you must add a segment of wire to give you enough length as well as make it so the seams don't get in the way. Some heatshrink tubing should do.

Solder the wires directly to the pads where the connector was. Makes no difference which wire went to which, the button simply completes the circuit -power pad then to ground pad turns smc on.

Im a fool and did the same thing , I managed to get the power button out, now the only question would be , wherer to solder it ?

since it came completely of, do you know where to solder it ?

Photo attached

Ok found out what to do , for those looking for an answer, you need to open the button case, inside you'll find the cut wires ,

Christian will be eternally grateful.