These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Identification and Background ¶
Released September 24, 2013,the 21.5" iMac EMC 2638 features improved specifications but the same internals as its previous iteration, the EMC 2455. It can be identified by its model number A1418 and EMC number, 2638, both of which are located beneath the single foot.
- Intel core i5 or i7 processor
- 8 GB of RAM, customizable up to 16 GB
- 1TB hard drive (5400 rpm), Configurable to 1TB Fusion Drive or 256GB or 512GB of flash storage.
- Intel Iris Pro graphics with the option to upgrade to NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M graphics processor with 1GB of GDDR5 memory.
- Four USB 3.0 ports and two Thunderbolt ports
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible, and Bluetooth 4.0