The Dell XPS 13 9350 released in January 2015 is a sixth generation laptop of Intel Core. It supports the world’s first InfinityEdge screen with new Windows 10 updates and improvements.

Will Samsung 950 Pro work in Dell XPS 13 9350?

I just bought a xps 13 9350 with the core i5, 8gb's ram and a 128gb ssd (turns out its the Samsung cm871 m.2). I was planning on replacing the drive immediately with a 512GB and didn't want to give Dell $500+ or more to do it (plus, I wanted to stick to a non-touchscreen lower res display for better battery life).

I bought a Samsung 950 Pro 512gb from amazon and I'm not sure if it will work or not and I can't find anything online that says definitively that it will or wont? Hoping someone here knows?

Seems like on the previous xps 13 (i think its the 9343) it likely wouldn't, but with the switch to skylake in the 9350, maybe it will?

Thanks in advance!

No one seemed to know, zero answers online, so I took a chance and tried it and it works fine, but you do need to have the Intel RST drivers on a usb stick during install for windows 10 to see the drive:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...

Enjoy

Thank you very much Scott. Good karma points for you, sharing the solution. It is highly appreciated!

Scott McDonald will be eternally grateful.