A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, first announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

Ps4 controller sync issues

So right now my controllers won't pair with my Ps4. I was actually updating my console and left it to do other things. I ended up accidentally knocking into the power surge cord and it unplugged. Now I have no idea whether this happened during or after the update. I've read on multiple threads that some updates have caused controllers to stop synching, however this problem is probably because I disconnected the cable. That being said I've disconnected my Ps4 by accident that way a few other times but the console was always able to recover data and work fine.

I've reinstalled the system software, reset the controllers, hard reset on the console, but the same issue keeps happening. Plugging in a controller with the cable will charge it (blinks yellow), but it won't sync. It will just blinks white attempting to sync and eventually go back to charging. The controllers work while in safe mode. I'm assuming that the controllers are fine because they work with my PC.

Now I've read on multiple threads including on this website that this may be a wi-fi antenna issue, which I can replace. I also read another thread where someone replaced the wireless communication chip on the motherboard.

So I guess my questions are.... Is there any information out there on this issue? I'd rather replace one of these parts on my own than to send my console to Sony to be fixed for $160.

Thanks in advance.

My PS4 is doing exactly the same thing. I updated the software to 3.10 then some time after that the controller just disconnected. Both of my controllers are now unable to be synced to the PS4, both work in safe mode via the physical connection and both will pair without problem to my mac. I called sony about this and they said to try pairing with a foreign controller and see if that fixes the problem. The support person I spoke to on the phone found it very hard to believe it could be related to the update or a problem with the actual bluetooth chip in the PS4.

I am facing the same issue and i know the problem is with the console not with the controller but it is due to update ?not sure about that.

None the less, i also believe that this issue will be resolved by replacing wireless communication chip but i don't know where and how to find it. i m posting the pic of that chip with this comment, if you find out any info about this chip do let me know .

Chip Set:

B00594116AED Wireless module

I'm also having a hard time with this issue. My controller won't connect, but works perfectly fine in safe modus when it's plugged in. I have already replaced the internal antenna and the bluetooth chip. This didn't fixed the problem. I could send it to sony but i am a die hard problem solver so i want to know what the problem is and fix it my self. And for what it's word, i also don't want to pay the ridiculess price of 150 euro tot sony. Who can tell me what kind of steps i could do next?

P.S. before i replaced the parts i installed the latest sofware.

Sorry for my bad english. I live in Holland.

I had this problem last night what I finally did was just turn off The console and unplugged it completely reinserted the UBS cable into the controller and the console plugged it in and use the controller good turn it back on everything worked fine

someone come up with a solution please....as this is a common issue :)

Ryan Leyba will be eternally grateful.