Released in 2012, this laptop features a Core i7 processor, dedicated Nvidia 620M GPU, and a 1080p display.

Thread size of screws on bottom of computer?

What is the thread size of the screws on the bottom of the computer (there are 12 of them)? I only have half of them left and would like to purchase screws to replace them (I called Asus and they were not able o give me the information)?

There are eleven screws. Nine have a Torx 5 head and two have a philips head. I too am missing a couple screws. I also spoke directly with ASUS and they could not even tell me. %#*@, they make the things and cannot tell me what screws they use! Very poor. Perhaps some fab makes the systems for them. That is very common in the industry: Dell and HP use a fab, likely the same one.

nadia, those are M2 (metric 2 mm screws) X 2.5mm length T5 screws.

Do they look like this? (Source)

It lists it as "M2*2.5L+0.5(3,0.3)(K)T5" on the parts site. I noticed it said T5, and the twelve screws are T-5 torx screws.

To be quite honest, I can't really determine what the thread size is based on that string of mumbo-jumbo, but it does look like measurements. The teardown does mention that these screws are not proprietary, so they should be readily available somewhere.

For what it's worth, I hope this at least helps point you in the right direction!

nadia will be eternally grateful.