Model A1286. Released February 2011 / 2.0, 2.2, or 2.3 GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 Processor

Repair Extension Program With User Replaced OEM Battery

Will my MacBook Pro Early 2011 a1286 be accepted to MacBook Pro Repair Extension Program for Video Issues with a replaced oem battery? Any ideas? Should I spend some money to replace it with an original one before I take it there?

So this is how it looks. Which warning label are we talking about? :)

The current extension is for graphics issue. Is that your problem?

Yes it is. Extension covers my MBP and my issue.

But will Apple accept my MBP with a user replaced noname battery on it?

Most Helpful Answer

Yes it covers it! But Always remember to backup your data also you can check here https://checkcoverage.apple.com/ and question to your battery concern you don't need to spend any money on a new original battery they wont open it they will just run and software diagnostic test. Good Luck

If they repair it, it will have to be opened. It's according to the tech, some are real picky.

I agree with Mayer here, If it needs service you may want to put back the old orginal battery if you still have it. Surprising Apple will likely replace it as well under warranty as well!

Yes some are picky. Ram and hdd are user upgradeable on this models but the battery is not in my knowledge. My MBP is out of warranty for some years and I replaced the battery myself just before my GPU gone mad. If I come across to a picky tech then they may deny my MBP. This is my only chance to resurrect this useless MBP. This is their fault and I don't want to spend extra cash for something I am not sure of. I am not Apple rich anymore. :)

Dan, I don't have the original one.

Borrow one or buy a used one from iFixit. Some Apple techs are denying service on smokers machines as being bio-haszards and are getting away with it.

Anil,

Did you get your logic board replaced? In my experience, it never hurts to ask. I took mine to an authorized service provider (my city doesn't have an Apple store), and they replaced it under the extended warranty. Mine didn't have a third-party battery, but I'm thinking an authorized servicer might not care as much as an actually Apple tech. Couple years ago, I did have my battery replaced by Apple under warranty when it was still covered by Apple Care, and I had a 2nd HDD installed in place of my optical drive, but they didn't care about that.

Good luck.

An ASP can be easier to work with as Apple pays them for the work. A guy drawing a small salary from Apple could care less.

Anil will be eternally grateful.