Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

Notification Center Not Working After Repair

Did some repairs and can no longer access my Notification Center other than from within an app and when the phone is oriented to its side.

How can I solve this?

What repairs did you do?

Power button cable replacement.

I have bad news, you have most likely damaged the touch screen flex cable when doing the power button repair. I've killed a few screens doing this before for customers. You need to be careful and take your time when unscrewing the screws to reach the power button.

Don't let the cable bend / flex too much back or you may risk breaking the flex cables for the display and digitizer.

Using a thinner but good screw driver helps a lot as it reduces the chances of this happening.

Using a longer but thinner but good screw driver helps a lot as it reduces the chances of this happening.

Ben, thanks for your help! Any idea where I can buy one of these? I'd like to use the notification center.

MontieFerg will be eternally grateful.