Dell Inspiron 6000

Laptop released by Dell in 2005, features a 15.4" display and Intel Centrino processor.

forgot password at boot up and cant get into windows

forgot password at boot up and cant get into windows was woundering how to fix this

My Dell computer has password in setup option, i cant run my boot sequence because is unlocked and i have forgotten the password what should i do?

by pamelamichael99

I assume your running Windows XP. If you have an Administrator account, it doesn't have a password by default. If you can log in as that, you can change your other user's password going to Control Panel/User. Select the account and select change password.

If you don't have an admin account, shut down and restart. While the computer is booting, press F8 to enter the Boot menu and boot in safe mode. Select Run from the start menu and type control userpasswords2. Select the account and select reset option. Type a new password into new password and confirm and your done.

Thank you! That was quite helpful.

by Eddie Braun

if u cant even get into windows then try this.

1-st easy road on the log on screen pres ALT-CTRL-DEL and on the classic logon that will apear trype Administrator on the user and blank pass

if u have the built in admin enabled and did not set passw to it when installing it will boot nicely and then u can change ur users pass in the controll panel users menu.

2-nd road simply get from someone or download from someone Hirens boot cd and when booting from hirens u will find among its tools the reset passw tool witch will let u reset any users pass in ur pc to blank .works on any pc on any user and will solve this problem 100%

I get computers donated to me which I rework and give

to folks who can not normally afford one.

Some of these have passwords unknown to me. There is

usually a shorting plug somewhere on the logic board

that lets you clear all passwords. It is usually labeled.

Sometimes you get lucky and there is a diagram inside

the case that shows where everything is.

I have had great success with Ophcrack when trying to recover lost passwords, works on XP,Vista and 7. It can be found here.

+1 with Ophcrack. John the Ripper works too. If you remember part of the password just use a brute force password program and include what characters you believe to be in the password.

by UberFix

All you need to do is for resetting BIOS password you need to take your motherboard`s backup battery off for about 10 mins and then put it back to turn your system on again. If the problem still persist then you need to do the same process for like 20 mins so in this way your password shall be reset.

If you have a repair disk, of course you can try it to crack Windows password. But if you don't have maybe you can consider using Ophcrack. Most time it is helpful but cannot guarantee 100% successful reset. Above all, the last one should be the best method for your Windows 8 password reset. Another safe and effective software you can try, Anmosoft Windows Password Reset, which I have used and you can visit from:

http://www.resetwindowspassword.com

Hi, you can recover Windows 7 Password with USB

1. Install the program such as SmartKey Windows Password Recovery on another computer and create a password recovery disk with USB

2. Insert the disk to your laptop and set your laptop to boot from it.

3. All user accounts will be loaded, then you can reset any user password.

EDEYE will be eternally grateful.