Laptop released by Dell in 2005, features a 15.4" display and Intel Centrino processor.

forgot password at boot up and cant get into windows

forgot password at boot up and cant get into windows was woundering how to fix this

My Dell computer has password in setup option, i cant run my boot sequence because is unlocked and i have forgotten the password what should i do?

Hi edeye

just looking at your question looks like you got windows ..if its a boot up issue i cant help you. but if you can reset your windows password to login then this might help http://www.digitalgrog.com.au/software/r...

i have a inspirion and my kids use it but i cant get in . i dont know the username and password. How can i reset it?

You may need a Windows password recovery program to reset your windows password. iSeePassword may work for you. http://www.iseepassword.com/windows-pass...

Use Hirent Boot Cd

or call support:

http://vitinhquan7.info

I assume your running Windows XP. If you have an Administrator account, it doesn't have a password by default. If you can log in as that, you can change your other user's password going to Control Panel/User. Select the account and select change password.

If you don't have an admin account, shut down and restart. While the computer is booting, press F8 to enter the Boot menu and boot in safe mode. Select Run from the start menu and type control userpasswords2. Select the account and select reset option. Type a new password into new password and confirm and your done.

Thank you! That was quite helpful.

Thank you so much!

Save mode want password too.

hello I'm vskylark, I have a dell inspiron 6000. when i turn it on, it goes to a screen saying (this computer is protected by pass word authentication, cannot access data without correct password) then it ask to type in system or administrator password. I tried the F2, F8,F12. is there anything else i could try? Thank You

I get computers donated to me which I rework and give

to folks who can not normally afford one.

Some of these have passwords unknown to me. There is

usually a shorting plug somewhere on the logic board

that lets you clear all passwords. It is usually labeled.

Sometimes you get lucky and there is a diagram inside

the case that shows where everything is.

All you need to do is for resetting BIOS password you need to take your motherboard`s backup battery off for about 10 mins and then put it back to turn your system on again. If the problem still persist then you need to do the same process for like 20 mins so in this way your password shall be reset.

try same steps -

restarting the computer in safe mode and try resettings the password fo your admin account using command . if you have already setup a email account with you admin user account ( windows 8, 8.1, 10 )

than you can also log in using that email .in windows logon option click on reset the password using email . for other steps visit Fix-how-windows-password reset and LoginSee if this works and solves the issue .

Hi, you can recover Windows 7 Password with USB

1. Install the program such as SmartKey Windows Password Recovery on another computer and create a password recovery disk with USB

2. Insert the disk to your laptop and set your laptop to boot from it.

3. All user accounts will be loaded, then you can reset any user password.

So I'm having the exact same issue....my problem is with the BIOS PASSWORD.. which for the life of me, can't remember worth a %#*@... .anyhow, along with not being able to boot windows up, I obviously can't go into safe mode! Even tried removing the BIOS battery for a bit which was a total waste of time... So now the only option left for me is to create a backup/boot/password recovery CD. ... That's all fine n dandy but I don't own any other pcs/laptops to create that disk... What now ??

Hi , My name is Ace. I have a dextop which is used by few people. It has window 10 installed in it. All my work data is stored in it.

Yesterday someone has placed a password on the computer. I cant open my pc because of it.

i had an administrator password earlier but somehow the person has changed it and placed his own password on it.

Plz someone help me.

if u cant even get into windows then try this.

1-st easy road on the log on screen pres ALT-CTRL-DEL and on the classic logon that will apear trype Administrator on the user and blank pass

if u have the built in admin enabled and did not set passw to it when installing it will boot nicely and then u can change ur users pass in the controll panel users menu.

2-nd road simply get from someone or download from someone Hirens boot cd and when booting from hirens u will find among its tools the reset passw tool witch will let u reset any users pass in ur pc to blank .works on any pc on any user and will solve this problem 100%

I have had great success with Ophcrack when trying to recover lost passwords, works on XP,Vista and 7. It can be found here.

+1 with Ophcrack. John the Ripper works too.

If you remember part of the password just use a brute force password program and include what characters you believe to be in the password.

If you have a repair disk, of course you can try it to crack Windows password. But if you don't have maybe you can consider using Ophcrack. Most time it is helpful but cannot guarantee 100% successful reset.

I have downloaded and installed windows 10 in my onda v101. It boots to logon screen, but does not accept my password. I have no password reset disk.

My desk top computer dell i forgot the password then i reboot pressing F12 and entered bypass password then prompt a box

DELL DECURITY MANAGER

This computer system #62LD5W1-1D3B, is protected by a password authentication system. You can not access the data on this computer with out the correct password .Please type the system or administrator password

Download and run De-CMOS2

Check the box "Clear CMOS" and Click proceed

And that's all

Restart and enter bios with no hassle......

EDEYE will be eternally grateful.