Third generation Surface Pro tablet, released June 20, 2014.

What is the version of my LCD screen?

Hi everyone,

The touch screen of my Surface pro 3 was broken so i tried to take off the touch screen from lcd but I did not succeed to save the LCD. So now, i try to buy a new one but i don't know the version of my lcd because I inconveniently threw the flex cable between the touch screen and the motherboard. So, is there anything i can do to know the version of my current LCD ?

same, I have a surface 3 that I recently broke, but I don't want to open it without having a replacement screen first, but I don't know which version I should get. any way of knowing how to tell which version it is by the outside?

Any luck with identifying the version?

If you type in the actual model number which is on the back of the device you will be able to get a screen type by just typing in #### replacement screen. That will get you the exact replacement screen. For a Surface Pro 3 I think they are all 1631 screens. Look on the back and see if you see Model # 1631. If not just replace your model number in the #### spot.

Gaetan will be eternally grateful.