new iPhone 5s battery incompatible

ive attempted to replace my Iphone 5s battery myself, however on inspection the replacement battery I bought is incompatible with the phone, despite being from a reliable supplier. the connector on the new battery is longer than its receptacle on the phone, and when I have looked for other batteries online they all seem to have this different connector.

i too had this issue :( i hate i paid $24 for a battery i can do nothing with, its not like I'm confident in ordering a new one. what do i do and how can i return

Most Helpful Answer

Buy a replacement battery from fixit. This will be compatible... but i never get the wrong battery ... are you sure you habe a 5s?

The iPhone 5C and 5S battery are extremely similar also, you were sent an iPhone 5 battery if the connector is longer, make sure you purchase an iPhone 5S Battery Replacement from iFixit

Best of luck

Regards

iPhone 5s Replacement Battery Image

i did order the correct battery to be replaced and no it does not fix so how is the comment above helpful? cant i get a refund and return and am i unable to replace the correct battery? the 5s does not fit either lol

i just want to know how to get a refund for the correct battery i previously order please sir. i have a 5s and i ordered a 5s battery replacement and all the nice tools to make is simple. it has the wrong connector. ty

IL Corvo will be eternally grateful.