Released November 13, 2011, this is the only model ever released. It can be disassembled with screwdrivers and a small amount of prying. Model # CECH-ZED1U

Why is the display not turning on and a red light blinking?

My Playstation 3D display is no longer working. the screen is black and unresponsive and all it does in blink the red standby light. Is my tv totally broken or can this be fixed?

Most Helpful Answer

RE: Why is the display not turning on and a red light blinking?

When the Sony PlayStation 3D Display was first released, many users ran into this issue. The majority of devices lasted, at most, five months and as a result many users swapped out their displays. If possible check to see if your device is still under warranty. If not, your best option is to reference the troubleshooting page and follow the instructions. There is no clear fix to the issue, but users have found several different strategies to resolve the problem.

The usual suspect is the chip labeled 'U4', an eeprom. Replacement frequently solves the problem.

Logan Simon will be eternally grateful.