Is the iPhone 6s waterproof?

The other day I droop my friends iPhone 6s into water and it seems work as usual for these days.Some body say iPhone 6s is waterproof on the internet. But I haven't seen any official word. So is the iPhone 6s waterproof?

iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus water resistance better than last year's iPhone, but can not be truly waterproof. it isn't waterproof in the 4 feet depth water.http://www.hcqs.cc/

There are some improved splash/shower protections, however the device is not rated waterproof so water can still leak in, especially when submerged.

Thank you for your answer!

All waterproof phones with a high parameters are 3 time thicker than iphone 6s :) Btw. theres no phone what is fully waterproof, their are only a lil bit more resistant on water than for example iphone.

Thank you for your answer!

No, and apple will probably never make an iPhone waterproof.

Ha ha ha . Never say never

Apple made the iPhone 6s nearly waterproof and didn't tell anyone. Apple packed in a new gasket around the sides of the phone, and it incased every cable connector on the phone's logic board with a waterproofing material. Given that the logic board that includes most of the iPhone's sensitive electronics and is the most prone to water damage, Apple's solution is particularly clever.

I don't think so it's just added water resistance. I've had an iPhone 6s dropped into toilet water by accident and taken it out quickly then tried out. Looked like no liquid actually went in the phone so yeah there is some water resistance to stop liquid from coming in but no way it is nearly waterproof.

So far I have found that the iPhone 6s is partly water proof you can take it into the shower and get it partly wet but I wouldnt recommend taking it all the way into the pool or dipping it into a sink or bucket full of any liquid

I accidentally dropped my 6s+ in a bowl of water in the kitchen. I pulled it out within seconds. That was 3 days ago. No problems and extremely thrilled.

Welson0624 will be eternally grateful.