Can an iPhone 6s Screen be transferred onto a normal iPhone 6?

I recently shattered my iPhone 6 screen and it's no longer working, and I'm extremely interested in the 6s but don't want to drop $900 for a new phone when mine just needs a new screen.

So, my question is I can purchase an iPhone 6s screen and install it to a iPhone 6, and would it work?

I'm extremely curious to if this is possible and willing to try.

This is not possible for a couple of reasons.

1. The FPC connectors are not going to be the same. Throughout the history of the iphone no two models have had the same FPC connectors. If you look at iPhone 3 vs 3gs the connections weren't the same. Then with the iPhone 5/5C/5S, none of those were the same either. Now, I have not seem a screen for the 6S yet but I am confident that the connections between the 6 and 6S are going to have at least a minuscule difference, if not being profoundly different all together.

# Even if the connections were EXACTLY the same it is very doubtful that the LCD would work due to programming differences on the logic boards of the iPhone 6 and 6S. Not to mention the difference in hardware (e.g. touchforce 3d Screen on the iphone 6). Not only do you have mechanical differences between the two pieces of hardware, there are also dimensional differences that would make seating the thicker iPhone 6s LCD into the housing of an iPhone 6 an impossibility.

Hope my answer helps.

I change the glass on a iPhone 6s today and last week I change the screen on iPhone 6,and I don't no about the size but the 6s has 3 doc connectors and the 6 has 4,and the power one is totally different,so the answer is deffo,no it won't fit,

"Throughout the history of the iphone no two models have had the same FPC connectors."

Until now. The iPhone 5s and iPhone SE LCD display assemblies are EXACTLY the same.

Actually @rscellandtech im sorry but you guys are in fact wrong. I just replaced my iPhone 6 with my iPhone 6s screen along with the LCD homebuttion plate. The cords will go right in there and everything works properly, I am on the phone as we speak

HomeButton plate. *

I hope you're right Sara, I'm going to be upset when I take these phone apart and its not what she say please be right.

Well, funny story. Because people keep asking if they can put an i6 screen on their i6S. The general consensus is no. However your question is kind of the opposite. So you want to use the i6S screen? Which near as I can tell, doesn't have readily available parts. But, if it did. They did use some i6S parts, a digitizer/lcd, on an i6. And it didn't exactly work, from the pictures. This was pre-release. All that was shown, was the screen lit up, with a gear logo on it. So, would it work? Maybe. Would it do what you want? Not sure, if you could just get an i6 lcd/digitizer anyways?

@imedicminneapolis

Yes, I want to put an iPhone 6s digitizer/lcd on the iPhone 6. Repairing my iPhone would only cost $109 at the closest Apple Store, but this is just an idea that I had.

I love the idea, but like I said. It's pretty doubtful it'll work. The best you'll probably get is a display, that won't properly display. I would just find a replacement i6 display assembly. Like here

iPhone 6 LCD Screen and Digitizer

Of course not, even their sizes are different.

the sizes are the exact same.

if you measure the size of the 6, 6s and 7 they are the same so is the 6, 6s+ and 7+ they are the same in height and width. the problem can cause the phone to malfunction if you put an older part from one of the old devices to the new one.

As a phone tech I could honestly say this will not work because of the logic boards connection between the screens, they look the same but they physically have different puzzle connections so even if it seems like it would work it wouldn't because the screens connection won't line up with the logic boards connections, and the 3D Touch feature on the 6S series is the main reason it wouldn't work.

You should be able to find an iPhone 6 screen for sale more easily than a 6s screen. If you already have a 6s screen, I'd recommend selling it on eBay etc. and using the money from that to buy a 6 screen.

Transfer iPhone 6 to 6s LCD, Just 7 Steps

http://www.rewatechnology.com/article.ph...

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/08/10/ipho...

copy and paste in top bar

I'm wondering the same this guys help a guy out

My question is the same but different . Will I be able to put a iphone6 Lcd screen in a iphone6s . because I was looking for a replacement on amazon and ebay and they have like no iphone6s replacements in black

No, you cannot.

Luckily iFixit has them in stock

iPhone 6s LCD Screen and Digitizer - Choice

I did this, and my iphone 6s won't turn on now. I got a new phone screen, the phone is detected on itunes, but the screen won't turn on. Idk what to do.

Hi I'm Jenny from Tuolitech and we are professional phone repair machine factory and also nano coating waterproof machine factory. For more details welcome to contact whatsapp+86-15889548883, jenny@tuolitech.com, thanks!

Nafez Husseini will be eternally grateful.