How do I fix a broken ribbon cable?

I was replacing the battery in my sons iPhone 6 and one of the ribbon cables has a tear in it. Now the home button will not work and the touch screen will not work. When I look on eBay the front screens only have 2 connectors not the 4 that I disconnected when I was replacing the battery. What do I need to get to fix this?

Thank you

Most Helpful Answer

I have replaced many iPhone 6 screens and cables for that matter I have a friend who is clumsy with phones and so it makes for a great learning tool. First of all behind the number cables there are some items that need to be transplanted from the old to the new screen like the home button cable for instance as well as others. The touchscreen problem may have something to do with the digitizer cable but that generally comes on the replacement. If they are all there id try running an alcohol pad on the contacts to make sure no oil is on them as that can make them not work.

If you have to change the cable you're in the right spot the guides here on ifixit are amazing and I couldn't do the repairs I've done without them !

All my cables where there, so i used a q-tip with alcohol and cleaned them each. Voila! It worked!

If the cable is detachable, not the home button, detach it and replace it.

If it's the home button assembly, do not replace. Find an expert level micro soldering technician and connect it back.

It is possible, I've seen people in China performing this repair.

John G will be eternally grateful.