the easy to use, easy to clean, 900 series interchangeable blender manufactured by Ninja. Released between 2009-2013

My Blender is Leaking

Why is my blender leaking?

When I'm ready to blend my contents, I set the lid on top and slowly turn it counter clockwise until I hear a click and can feel it is properly seated; then I screw it on very tightly. I hold it upside down over the sink and shake and it doesn't leak. I put it on the base, turn it on and, after about 10 seconds, liquid starts coming out. I turn it off and lift the container--the top is very loose. The blending action is unscrewing the top. This just starteda few weeks ago. The rubber seal is fine. Mine is the Ninja Professional 900 Watts.

I have this very model...Professional 900 and I'm experiencing the same problem. With detailed inspection of the screw on base / blade, I've noticed a very small crack in the plastic base, thus allowing small amounts of liquid to escape during operation. And recently I've noticed my blender smoking a tiny bit and smelling like an electrical fire when operating. I suspect the motor is compromised by the previous leaking at the screw on base. I would suggest that you carefully inspect your screw on base,...before you have motor trouble like I'm experiencing.

I found that after cleaning the gasket ring that the leaking was still happening. So I thought about the blades possibly being the problem. I ran my fingers along them and sure enough, after 2 years use, they were extremely dull. I sharpen them with a knife sharpener, which was a little difficult to get under the blades, and after it worked perfectly well without any leakage.

If your blender is leaking food or drink, either the rubber containment seal or your container is the problem. If the seal is dislodged or broken, head over to our troubleshooting to find a guide to replace it. If the container is your problem you will have to replace it. On the bottom of our device page is a link to the official Ninja product page. There you will find a link to order new parts.

Good answer but no link to the guide you're referring to.

The bottom usually screws off. Take it off, clean it, Check the gasket and screw it on tightly.

Evy Pinero will be eternally grateful.