This is the first generation of Amazon Fire TV (model CL1130), released on April 2, 2014. It is a powerful media streaming and gaming device that allows the user to stream digital audio/video content to a high-definition television as well as play video games.

Why isn't there any image on the screen?

When I try to connect the Amazon Fire TV device to my TV using a HDMI cable, all I can see is a black image on the TV. What can I do to fix this problem?

I have a question. I have done troubleshooting for my fire TV and it just shows Amazon on TV screen but unable to use Alexa on remote or pull up any applications for the past few days. Does this mean I need another gaming remote. Light shows blue on box and remote and just frustrated...

Thank you,

Any help would be appreciated..

I have the same problem, i.e. no image from the AFTV.

[B]Background[/B]

The box was working perfectly.

I powered it off for a couple of weeks and when I attempted to use it again, it seems to power up, but there is no picture/menu/logo displayed.

[B]Things I've tried so far:[/B]

1)Powered off and on again - no change. The light on front flashes normally and then stops flashing. No flickering/image on TV.

2)Pressed select "Select"+"Play" to reboot the box. I can see the LED go out and then come on again. No flickering/image on the TV.

3)Pressed "Up"+"Rewind" - I can see the LED on the AFTV change to orange and flashing for while, but again no image on the TV.

4)I can successfully ping the box from a PC.

5)I've disconnected all other HDMI cables from the TV and carried out all the tests above - no change.

6)I've disconnected the AFTV from the HDMI cable and replaced with a laptop - this works perfectly, I can use the TV from the laptop.

7)When the AFTV has gone to sleep/standby and the TV is switched off, pressing "SELECT" wakes up the AFTV and switches on the TV, but still nothing is displayed.

So it seems that the AFTV is functioning correctly and receiving commands from the remote, but it still refuses to display any image/picture/icon/menu, i.e. anything.

Any ideas? Something else I can try? Known problem? Can fixed by opening the box?

Thanks in advance

Pertaining to fire stick. Amazon prime app not showing image but I can hear the audio. Working with Hulu Netflix etc. please help

Netflix and HBONow on my my firestick would not show video but both would play sound. Netflix had full menus and even played the subtitles when I turned them on. I had other video apps that were streaming with no issues. I read somewhere that this was possibly a bandwidth issue. I power cycled my modem/router and firestick. This is what solved the netflix sound with no video issue for me. Hope this helps - Good luck.. (Power Cycle = disconnect power and re-connect power)

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Most Helpful Answer

We had black screen with audio, though. Fixed it by unplugging everything……

Worked like a charm! Thank You!

Worked beautifully!! Thank you!!

Also make sure your TV set supports 1080P HD.

If you are getting trouble with Fire TV then you can restart device. You can use remote to restart.

Clear app data

See step 2 in my things already tried

Fire TV Black screen is the one most common issues while operating with a device. Most of the reason/cause behind this problem like slow internet, loose cable connection, Hardware Impairment with HDMI port and more. In my case, the issue with the internet connection. So, to resolve internet issue, I followed some steps that I found on here and you can also try these steps:

Step 1: Try using different HDMI cable.

Step 2: Connect the HDMI cable to a different HDMI input port.

Step 3: Restart your router.

I googled this problem. It said to restart the Fire Stick by holding down the select button and the start button and IT WORKED!

I tried to restart this way and it worked the first time!!! Thank you!!!

Worked for me too first try.

Where is the “start” button?

What!!!! This totally fixed it! I’m in heaven. Hold down the select and play/pause button!

1.) The first thing you should check is your tv is on the right input for the HDMI input from the Amazon Fire TV. Then make sure both connections are secure the correct tv input port and the Amazon Fire TV output port.

2.) If nothing seems loose and you still have no image on your screen, check for any cuts, scrapes, or damage to the HDMI cable. If another cable is available, switch it out to rule out the cable is not working.

3.) If you still have no signal try another tv, then try turning off the Amazon Fire TV and wait 5 to 10 seconds. If none of the above the steps resolve the issue, you may have physical damage to the port. You should then refer to the troubleshooting page:

Amazon Fire TV Troubleshooting

Your memory is full or it reached the maximum storage of 5gb, try to replace the mother board since Amazon can't provide you on how to restore or reset to factory settings.

I skimmed through all the things you did to try and get it to work. I don't think that I saw this solution: just replace the USB cable. I was having the same issue as you and I did all the things that you did to try to get it to work. Then I just switch the cable and problem solved.

Yep, I get blank screen but can still hear the clicking when i press the remote. Only thing that fixes it for me is yanking the power cable out and back in again.

I need to do this 2 or 3 times a week now. Decent service, terrible hardware!

I had the same problem. Unplugged everything, plugged it back in, and no change. I then reset the firestick via the remote by holding down the SELECT button and the PLAY/PAUSE button, that solved it for me!

Alejandro Franco Ceron will be eternally grateful.