This is the first generation of Amazon Fire TV (model CL1130), released on April 2, 2014. It is a powerful media streaming and gaming device that allows the user to stream digital audio/video content to a high-definition television as well as play video games.

Why isn't there any image on the screen?

When I try to connect the Amazon Fire TV device to my TV using a HDMI cable, all I can see is a black image on the TV. What can I do to fix this problem?

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Most Helpful Answer

Also make sure your TV set supports 1080P HD.

1.) The first thing you should check is your tv is on the right input for the HDMI input from the Amazon Fire TV. Then make sure both connections are secure the correct tv input port and the Amazon Fire TV output port.

2.) If nothing seems loose and you still have no image on your screen, check for any cuts, scrapes, or damage to the HDMI cable. If another cable is available, switch it out to rule out the cable is not working.

3.) If you still have no signal try another tv, then try turning off the Amazon Fire TV and wait 5 to 10 seconds. If none of the above the steps resolve the issue, you may have physical damage to the port. You should then refer to the troubleshooting page:

Amazon Fire TV Troubleshooting

I have a question. I have done troubleshooting for my fire TV and it just shows Amazon on TV screen but unable to use Alexa on remote or pull up any applications for the past few days. Does this mean I need another gaming remote. Light shows blue on box and remote and just frustrated...

Thank you,

Any help would be appreciated..

Your memory is full or it reached the maximum storage of 5gb, try to replace the mother board since Amazon can't provide you on how to restore or reset to factory settings.

I have the same problem, i.e. no image from the AFTV.

[B]Background[/B]

The box was working perfectly.

I powered it off for a couple of weeks and when I attempted to use it again, it seems to power up, but there is no picture/menu/logo displayed.

[B]Things I've tried so far:[/B]

1)Powered off and on again - no change. The light on front flashes normally and then stops flashing. No flickering/image on TV.

2)Pressed select "Select"+"Play" to reboot the box. I can see the LED go out and then come on again. No flickering/image on the TV.

3)Pressed "Up"+"Rewind" - I can see the LED on the AFTV change to orange and flashing for while, but again no image on the TV.

4)I can successfully ping the box from a PC.

5)I've disconnected all other HDMI cables from the TV and carried out all the tests above - no change.

6)I've disconnected the AFTV from the HDMI cable and replaced with a laptop - this works perfectly, I can use the TV from the laptop.

7)When the AFTV has gone to sleep/standby and the TV is switched off, pressing "SELECT" wakes up the AFTV and switches on the TV, but still nothing is displayed.

So it seems that the AFTV is functioning correctly and receiving commands from the remote, but it still refuses to display any image/picture/icon/menu, i.e. anything.

Any ideas? Something else I can try? Known problem? Can fixed by opening the box?

Thanks in advance

If you are getting trouble with Fire TV then you can restart device. You can use remote to restart.

Clear app data

See step 2 in my things already tried

I skimmed through all the things you did to try and get it to work. I don't think that I saw this solution: just replace the USB cable. I was having the same issue as you and I did all the things that you did to try to get it to work. Then I just switch the cable and problem solved.

Alejandro Franco Ceron will be eternally grateful.