A 2-in-1 laptop/tablet with full 360° folding capabilities. Released in 2015 with model number 80J80021US.

processor speed is extremely slow

Why are my web pages slow to load?

There could be a few reasons for this. I have listed them for you from most probable to least. The issues that could be causing slow loading are:

1) too many tabs or browsers open at the same time,

2) web history needs deleting

3)too many software programs running at the same time,

4) antivirus software needs to be updated,

5) hard drive is full and may need replacing, or

6) configuration error or deterioration of the hard drive or RAM.

Possible solutions respective to issue:

1) save the needed tabs or browser links and delete them,

2) delete web history,

3) click the uninstall section of the control panel to see what programs are running and delete the unnecessary or outdated ones (be completely sure of whether they need to be deleted),

4) use Malware or some online antivirus scanner to see if a new or updated version of the antivirus is required and then install the most effective antivirus (make sure only one antivirus is installed),

5) back up the current hard drive and replace it with a new one after backing up, or

6) check to see if there is an issue regarding the hard drive or RAM performance and replace that which is low in performance.

Hope this helps. Here is a link to the troubleshooting page: Lenovo Yoga 3 11 Troubleshooting

You need to do a bios update, I had the same problem with mine right after unboxing it. Go to Lenovo's website. The old bios is locking the cpu speed to 0.49ghz. +1 if it worked for you.

Bios update made no difference for me with the same reduced speed cpu. I installed ThrottleStop8 and turned off BD PROCHOT and I now have a usable and quite fast machine.

Hi! Can you advice howtoset up throttlestop properly for this processor?

Anyway this is the best app for fixing throttle issues in this laptop!!

This worked for me! Thanks!

Your computer acting up, being slow, freezing up? This list cover all the reasons, it should give you a head start on understanding what causes slow performance. You should get some useful tips.

1: Your computer was running for a long time without a reboot

Boot/Start process loads an operating system and starts the initial processes, from the powered-off state. Reboot/Restart process is usually required after activities that affect functionality: installing, uninstalling, implementing Windows updates, etc. make changes to the PC’s registry and after reboot Windows runs the PC with the new registry entries. We have to remember that all of the activities installing, uninstalling, etc. will benefit from a Reboot/Restart. It will make the PC to clear the cache, clear RAM , a form of computer data storage your PC needs to operate properly.

2: Not Enough of Free Hard Drive Space

Free hard drive space is simply the amount of space on the hard drive that can be written to and that isn’t in use. While free space is used to stores files and data, it also functions to allow swap file space and virtual memory required for the programs to operate, for example, while creating temporary files.

3: Hard drive corrupted or fragmented

There are several causes for the hard drive to get corrupted. the most obvious being an improper shutdown. Many of us don’t take care of this fact and wonder what could go wrong with an improper shutdown.

4: Too Many Background programs

Remove or disable any startup programs that automatically start each time the computer boots. To see what programs are running in the background and how much memory and CPU they are using open Task Manager. Establish a schedule to run your security and other programs that require scanning of your hard drive when you have the lowest activity on the computer.

5: Your computer is Infected with a Virus or Malware

If you suspect your PC has been infected, you need to scan your PC. Today, spyware and other malware are a big cause of many computer problems including a slow computer.

6: Hardware conflicts and outdated drivers

Use your computer’s Device Manager to verify that your computer has no hardware conflicts and to troubleshoot, if necessary. If any exist resolve these issues as they could be the cause of your problem.

7: Computer or processor is overheating

Make sure your computer and processor are not overheating. Excessive heat can cause a decrease in computer performance some processors will even lower the speed of the processor automatically to help compensate for the heat related issues.

8: Your PC requires a Memory upgrade

If you’ve had your computer for more than one year it’s likely your computer is not meeting the memory requirements, we suggest at a minimum the computer have 1GB of memory.

9: Hardware Failure

If your computer continues to be slow after going over each of the above recommendations it’s possible that your computer is experiencing a more serious hardware related issue such as a failing component in the computer. This could be a failing or bad hard drive, CPU, RAM.

Hi @robertosburn ,

You give very comprehensive answers and it is commendable if you are doing it for people to view in the future but I am wondering if you have noticed the date on the original question that you have answered. I doubt that the OP will be still interested after 15 months. ;-)

THIS is the answer, the one and only answer. Let's try to get Lenovo to make a patch for it:

01/26/2016 by kim

The bug seems to be only in Windows 10. Windows 8.1 worked (when the computer was new) without problems. Also Ubuntu works without any problems at all.

Score -1

Matthew Krivensky will be eternally grateful.