A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, first announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

Why is the storage check stuck on 24%

my system did not shut down properly so it was doing a storage check. while it was doing this storage check the power cord accidentally got pulled out so when i restarted the system it was loading the storage system check again and it got stuck at the same percentage as before i pulled the power cord out. I have went into safe mode tried system reinstallation i think it was called well anyways last option i think there was 7. When i downloaded the file onto a USB and inserted it into my playstation it said there was no file. Please Help

thank you

p.s. i was thinking it could be data corruption if it is could you help me figure out what to do.

should i just buy a new hard drive and hope it works :) seems like a long shot but yeah i will try to do that.

That's what I would do if I were you. There's no guarantee that that will fix it but it's the most likely fix in my opinion.

The most likely cause of this problem is a bad hard drive. There's a small chance that it's something else but I would start with a new hard drive.

I hope this helps.

chromecookie will be eternally grateful.