Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

Constant searching, no signal.

My iPhone is constantly searching for a signal and never finds one. We've tried everything, resets, we've checked the SIM card, we've checked for Carrier updates, I've even replaced the cellular antenna and still it won't work. Any one have any clues?

Clapping the backside several times very hard on a pillow on a desk worked for me - unbelievable xD - thank to this cool forum

I had the 'searching' message on my iPhone. It's a sign the antenna is broken.

I took it to Apple and they told me it can't be fixed - I needed to buy a new phone. I stopped in a store that repairs phones, and they replaced the antenna in an hour for $69.

Most Helpful Answer

changed the upper antenna connector. lower antenna/dock/headphone 3 times. each time i replaced the lower, the network worked for a day or less. a darn shame. iphone 6 was too good to be true.

darn it. this is possibly temporary but this worked. for now at least. and dont blame me if something else happens. i took the risk as well. anyhow.

shut down phone.

remove sim card.

place phone in protective case.

drop on a sturdy hard table onto its backside from 12 inches high.

re-insert sim card.

Boot up your phone and see that glorious LTE.

its going to be awesome to wake up to "searching" "no service".

this is clearly a design flaw with the IC Chip that connects the antenna/networking system.

I have the same exact problem and some how this works. I have taken the thing apart so many times messing with the F cable but this is the only solution I have found that has worked.

Do you have any ideas on what parts to replace to avoid this? I hate to buy a new phone when I know this is a hardware problem.

This totally worked! Genious. Thank you.

That's wonderful! Thanks!

Had the same problem. This worked for me. Thank you. I'm trying to hold out for iPhone "8" to upgrade.

Tried every other solution mentioned, yet hitting it hard on the back of the phone (didn't do a 12" drop as suggested), removing the SIM, and powering off, is the only thing that worked. When I turned power back on, it then said "No SIM" and after putting the SIM back in, everything came to life.

Hi all after some extensive research on the subject (constantly searching for signal ) you read all the forums and hey some will say it's an antenna problem so you replace it with no joy others say it's a time and date issue fixed with a manual edit yes it can be tedious as it will skip forward or back 10 years if you try to go to quick. Or someone else said replace the SIM card reader anyway you've done all of the above and still nothing. here is what I found!!start here! If you've ever removed a SIM card before you will notice that almost immediately the phone says no sim! But with a broken or damaged ic/baseband chip,without SIM card inserted, you will notice that your phone Never says no SIM card and when you do put one in it's still searching only to continue forever. So then after all of this you think hey I'll just update with iTunes wrong again because hey presto error-1 so then more research and apparently it's the baseband chip causing the issue the whole time just had a quote of $85aus for parts and labour to repair it. If your thinking of trying to reflow it yourself or place it in the oven for 20 mins @180. consider the fact that for less than $100 you can have it repaired properly and a Pretty much new phone again if your still wanting more check out micro soldering or baseband chip repair on YouTube then decide yourself. Hope this helps and saves everyone else from the same headaches.

Regarding your statement about "for less than $100 you can have it repaired properly" - where can you get it repaired for that amount?

Here in Philippines, apple store service center at SM North Edsa Annex said me this afternoon that a grayed wifi iphone 6 plus will be swap for new phone worth 22,000 pesos, they dont repair it so i leave the service center and look for some technician and ask how much for replacement of wifi antenna due to grayed wifi, he said its worth 3,500 pesos about 70 $ and its the wifi chips that needs to be replaced, i try how much in Greenhills Shopping Mall and give update on my status

Have you tried resetting the time and date?

Make sure you're connected to wifi. Go to time and date settings, click set time and date automatically off then back on. Then restart the phone.

Totally worked! Thanks.

And now it stopped working.

Worked for me too. Thanks craigad24, Will see if it lasts.

This worked for me too! For about 3hrs. Tried the trick again, but no dice.

iPhone 6 Plus, been struggling with searching.../ No service for past few weeks.

Tried this method and it works for my iPhone 6 Plus (suggested by "johnidx" on Feb 27, 2017 on iFIX forum)

1. Power off your iPhone ( my is iPhone 6 Plus)

2. Remove sim slot

3. Place the iPhone on a soft padded surface, screen face down, and hit on the back of your iPhone few times

4. Place your SIM card back and power up. And works for me so far

If signal lost again, tried this method once more.

Dropping my iPhone 6 Plus twice with soft shell case might be the root cause.

Unfortunately with today's feather weight smartphone designs, they are so tightly packed inside, dropping your iPhone basically is death sentence for the phone.

Get a tough graded phone case if you want the phone last you long time.

If smacking the phone or dropping it gets the phone working then odds are it's not a software problem.

THIS WORKED FOR ME. Thank you !!

These things don't. Work it is a software problem and the way to fix it is to back your phone up delete your iPhone so it's set up as new phone then reinstall your back up should solve problem for best results when reinstalling your back up use iTunes and a cable I did mine over wifi and it worked fine don't drop your iPhone on a table you will just crack your screen

Doing a reinstall did not work me long term.

if in General setting there is nothing written at Baseband version, seems to be dead baseband chip on logic board. You won't do it at home, service only

Replacing bottom antenna with charge port fixed it for me.

Is youre iphone still ok ?

you will have to change the chip on your phone, if you don't understand . go on you tube and type up. iPhone no service. to acquire a chip i don't know where you can buy it but if you do you will have to get a experience person the replace the chip

I have thesame problem grayed wifi and circling bluetooth, no wifi address, i tried resetting network and failed, removed sim failed, i dont want to buy another iphone again

Yes, I don't think it's the dropping it that fixes it. It's the removing the SIM card and replacing it that does it. My phone was searching all day, I figured I would try it first without the dropping part and it worked.

Update: like someone said... wake up to see No Service !!! So I went to Verizon today and they said my phone is bent. And that I'm basically screwed. So I followed the same steps but didn't drop it, instead I bent it back gently, replaced SIM card. So far so good. Ralph C.

I did all the above without removing the SIM card. A bend back and forth, reset the time in settings, and dropped it. I figured what did I have to lose after three days of "searching," Hope it lasts.

you will probably have to replace the housing. This is very time consuming but it will probably fix your problem

skieffer9 will be eternally grateful.