The Samsung Galaxy S3 is a multi-touch, slate-format smartphone with eye-tracking ability, increased storage, and a wireless charging option.

Galaxy S3 EMMC problem?

Hi everyone,

a friend has given me a Galaxy S3 saying it's not working.

1) I tried to boot it and I get a "white rain" effect. I have seen some people on the internet have this problem too, and it's because of the EMMC chip.

2) When I boot it in download mode I get the screen you can see in the image.

What is the better option?

Should I sell it (the phone is in excellent conditions) or replace the motherboard (the cost looks high on eBay)?

Do you know anyone who could repair the EMMC chip for cheap?

I also have these problem,, Now I can't turn on my phone..

Most Helpful Answer

Dear uchika96 ,

Before touch the hardware you need clear understand that the fault can't be fixed on software level.

Try to flash using Odin tool : fallow the instructions

if the firmware flashing gets failed try again to flash it

as you mentioned snow rain effect comes due to fault of EMMC, if you have sound BGA reworking skills you can replace the chip

Here you can buy item if required.

i did EMMC replacement on 2014 December and phone still works fine. so many professional volunteers here will help you to fix your phone. let us know the result

The screen is all you need, the logic board isn't worth much these days.

In the UK I can pick these up for £15-£20 in my area.

You can remove the eMMC and use an SD card as a replacement.

Hi, I have the same problem, I looked for a mobo on eBay but not found these prices, do you have special suppliers for a mobo with a usable IMEI ? My S3 mobo is 2012.06.08. Thx for any help.

Sorry, forgot a question: it's actually possible to remove the eMMC and use only the SDcard ??? It would be wonderful!

if EMMC is removed how does the SD card work. Can you please show us steps or some other information which I can use for my mobile.

Nir

my phn emmc problem not flash

I think replacing hardwares would be your last option. Try fixing that by flashing in odin or sp flash tool before touching the hardwares.

ı have the same problem with my galaxy s3. ı will buy a new one but ı have realy important pictures in my phone is there a possible way to get them

I will replace emmc https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s...

You before touching the hardware you want try software part. Try Flash tool , video guid here http://odin3download.com/download-odin-s...

uchika96 will be eternally grateful.