Released in August 2014, the Lenovo Y50-70 Touch is part of the Lenovo's Y series of laptops. Equipped with a dedicated graphics card and a 15.6" touch screen, the Y50-70 Touch is specialized for gaming.

How to replace the keyboard on the Lenovo Y50-70 Touch?

I want to take out the keyboard to clean it completely because i accidentally spilled some beer on it and its completely unresponsive (only a few keys work), and i cannot find a video of the process. Thanks in advance

I spilled some water and turned off the laptop immediatly

Can the water reach the motherboard or other electronic parts other than keyboard?

Most Helpful Answer

Keyboard is in the upper case. You cannot replace a keyboard without replacing upper case. You need to dissasembly computer like in replacement guides. Then remove mainboard and all sub boards, battery and speakers. Then unscrew hinges. You need to buy new upper case.

Annoying but true. Some idiot decided to use plastic rivets to hold the keyboard in. Thanks Lenovo... Amazon sells a replacement keyboard but screw even messing with plastic rivets.

Man, you can replace only keyboard module. But it is very hard to do. When you disassemble your laptop you need to cut off plastic clips, and after that, you will have access to the keyboard. After replacement, you need to put back your grey metal plate and solder back these small pieces of plastic. Because I had the same problem.

I agree fully! But you need to cut, broke and after that glue or solder :(

Got the same issue. My 1 key with the exclamation point has failed. Keyboard replacement needed but no way to do it easily. What a shame.

This has been a good laptop except for how hard it is to fix when things break. On mine, the left-side USB ports are loose and won't hold a cable. They're built ON to the motherboard so there is no way to replace them. I wish I could afford a new laptop... but I can't even sell this one since it's broken.

it is possible to replace just remove top part and motherboard it ez

u can buy new keyboard at lenovospage

unknown player will be eternally grateful.