These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
If you have questions regarding your device, click here.
Like all of Lenovo's Y-series laptops, the Lenovo Y50-70 Touch (released in August 2014) specializes in gaming. It can be distinguished from the other Lenovo Y-series laptops based on its size and its use of a touch screen (you can identify which generation you own by reading the small white print on the bottom of the laptop). The laptop has a 15.6" touchscreen and weighs 5.7 pounds.
This laptop is slimmer than its predecessors, partly because it does not include an optical drive. This is not a significant issue, unless you wish to use DVDs. A solution to this is to buy an external hard drive. Furthermore, the Lenovo Y50-70 Touch features a Core i7-4710HQ processor, which is better than the Y50's Core i7-4700HQ processor.
Most of the components can be replaced and the replacement parts can be purchased directly from Lenovo or other websites.
- 4th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-4710HQ
- Windows 8.1 64-Bit
- NVIDIA® GTX 860M 4GB (Maxwell)
- 16GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz
- 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 10-point multitouch display
- 15.23" x 10.37" x 0.9"
- 5.7 lbs
- Backlit AccuType® keyboard
- 1TB SSHD with integrated 8 GB NAND flash or up to 512 SSD
- JBL® speakers with Dolby® Advanced Audio V2
- Up to 4 hours WiFi browsing depending on configuration
- Bluetooth® 4.0
- WiFi: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160
- 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0, Audio Combo Jack (headphone and mic), HDMI-out, 4-in-1 (SD / MMC / SDXC / SDHC) card reader, RJ45, SPDIF