Upgrade to Mid 2012 2.8GHz logic board?

Could I upgrade the logic board in this to a Mid 2012 2.8GHz i7 board? I noticed that this (2.53GHz) laptop has only one fan.

Most Helpful Answer

It will probably not fit physically, e.g. the 2012 has Thunderbolt ports which yours does not have. Also you would have a problem with the connections from the screen to the communications board (bluetooth, wifi). The cables will be too long or too short. Also the SATA cable will not connect.

Thunderbolt and MiniDisplay Port have the same Port geometry, so that wouldn't be a problem. Could I just get longer cables? Where's the SATA connector on the 2012 board?

sorry, I was wrong on the SATA cable. For the mid-2012, here is the SATA cable on step 16,MacBook Pro 15" Unibody Mid 2012 Logic Board Replacement

For the 2009 MacBook Pro 15" Unibody Mid 2009 Logic Board Replacement

Not that the battery connector is sideways on the 2009 and top wise mounted on 2012 but you may be able to use your battery. Strange that you say your MB has only one fan. I can see 2 on the guide.

About the cables I see the camera cables are different. Also the trackpad. What I wonder most is if the screws securing the logic board to the upper case fit in the same holes. This is what I mean by physical fit. I am not sure but I asked the same question a few years ago and concluded this would not work together.

Vijay will be eternally grateful.