Repair guides and support for desktop computers produced by Asus including towers and all-in-one display PCs.

Need more disk space

I'll say it right off the bat, I don't know a whole lot about computers. On my windows C drive I have only about 5.93 GB of space(out of 149 GB) and the number is shrinking every day. I have taken actions to shrink this number and uninstalled lots of unneeded programs, also I have used disk cleanup, but still it continues to go down, and I do share the computer with others so I don't know what is downloaded all the time. At the same time my Data D drive I have 719 GB free out of 761 but I don't know if I am able to move any big programs (like WoW which we have installed) because it doesn't have the Program 86 folder or if it's any different from the windows C one. Am I able to combine the 2, and is the Data drive any different from the windows C? Also are there any ways I can clear up more space on my main drive?

Any help would be appreciated.

The only things you can't move from the C drive are the core Windows files. Things like your Steam library (or any other games), movies, pictures, documents, downloads, and almost any installed program can be moved. Keep in mind that any program you move with a shortcut will need to have the shortcut location changed.

I highly recommend a small program called WinDirStat to help you determine what is taking up the most space. It constructs a visual representation of the contents of your hard drive, very handy for situations like yours.

Ryuzaki will be eternally grateful.