Repair guides and support for sinks, taps and faucets in your kitchen or bathroom.

How to stop a dripping faucet

How to stop the faucet from dribbling water?

Every sink in my house drip's water! Please inform me on how to fix my dribbling faucet's. Its wasting so much water especially since we ,Califotnian's are in a huge water drought. Thank you

Not only are all my sinks dripping, but my tub spigot as well. Is the solution the same? I live on Galveston Island in Texas

How much calcium deposit build up are getting on your faucets? Could you post a picture of one with heavier buildup?

Nancy Wilder, you seem to have some issues with minerals in your water that build up inside your faucet :-). The repairs are not really that complicated but can be tedious. Most leaky compression faucets will need new seat washers. Pry off the decorative cap on the handle, remove the handle screw, pull off the handle and use a crescent wrench to unscrew the packing nut. After unscrewing the stem, remove and replace the seat washer held in place by a brass screw. Always make sure that you cut the water supply to the faucet before taking it apart. Each faucet can be a bit different, so images of your particular once will be helpful. Post images of your faucet with your question. Use this guide for that. Here is a decent video about the repair as well.

Its a really good idea to shut the water off to the tap your going to take apart . you may have taps under the sink if not you'll have to shut the water off at the source where it comes into the house

@jimfixer totslly agree with you on that. That was one of the main reasons why I had this "cut the water supply to the faucet before taking it apart." in my answer....

Nancy Wilder will be eternally grateful.