Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

White Screen Of Death

Hey guys, so I ordered a new digitizer, and I noticed it didn't fit, the phone was working fine BTW, so I picked my old digitizer, connected everything back in place and tested the phone - it was working, but I noticed the smudges and dust behind the screen, so I decided to clean it. So I cleaned everything up, connected everything back, but suddenly what I had was a white screen ( It only shows up when the phone boots up ) I tried soft reset ( Home and power button ), restoring it to iTunes, pulling out the board for an hour and it didn't fix the problem, any suggestions ? Or I have to throw this phone out ?

Typical white screen is fixed with new LCD display. When working on iPhone 3GS you need to make sure it is powered OFF, or you risk damaging the screen or the LCD chips on the logic board.

Thanks for your answer :)

Deivydas Krisiukenas will be eternally grateful.