repair shark steam cleaner

do you repair this type of upright steam cleaner? it is not generating the steam to clean the floors

iFixit does not do repairs. This forum is not even manned by them but by volunteers. What we attempt to do is teach you how to repair it yourself. If you can give us a better description of your symptoms maybe someone here can give you a hand or lead you to other possible resolutions.

When I put the bottle of cleaner into the slot, it runs out constantly. Is there another piece I need to hold the bottle?

Most Helpful Answer

Nic Latrez, this could be caused by calcium buildup. Fill the tank with a 50/50 mix of CLR and water. Let it sit for a day and then see what you get. Empty the water/CLR mix and remove the mop head, clean all steam holes with pipe cleaner or similar tool. Then use a water/vinegar mix and run the unit. See if it steam again. It would greatly help if you could provide us with more information of your shark steam. It sounds like its the Steam Mop. Should that not work, you may have to descale the heater unit. All of this will of course only yield any result if your heater core functions

I had the same problem and followed the advice of oldturkey03. After a couple of hours of soaking with the CLR and water mixture I ran the mop without the mop head and had some amber colored gunk come out. Repeated this the next day and now the steam came out much better. Drained the tank and refilled with the vinegar water mix and ran the unit in mop mode until the steam and water drops came out clear. The mop works like new again!

All of the steamers have a thermal fuse to protect the unit from overheating. In order to locate the thermal fuse, you will need to disassemble the unit and find the steam tank. The thermal fuse is attached to the steam tank and once the unit overheats, the thermal fuse will need to be replaced. The thermal fuse has a temperature rating on it. You will want to replace the thermal fuse with the same rating. This is information about the thermal fuse: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_cu...

You may contact me:

merkfritz@yahoo.com.

Nic Larez will be eternally grateful.