Screw Size and Diagram

Hiya Everyone,

Hopefully someone will be able to help, basically I accidently knock my screws of my magnet board when repair my iPhone 5s. So now I don't know which screw goes where does anyone have a diagram that states the size of the screw or any advice on what to do

Thank you all.

thank you guys, appreciate the help.

I have one other question I have a little rubber square and I'm not quite sure where its come out from and can not see it on the guide any ideas?

Thank you in advance

Most Helpful Answer

Hi Sam,

Are you following an iFixit guide?

If not, go to that page, choose the guide that you need, and you will see that there are steps that indicate what screws go where, and their respective sizes. You will need an accurate measuring tool such as this caliper to measure the length, and trace each screw back to it's original place in the phone.

The most important screws to watch out for are those that hold the shield covering the screen connectors.

If in doubt, don't put any there. If you use a screw that's too long, it will rip through the board, potentially breaking traces within the board and causing very expensive damage.

Digital Caliper Image

Product

Digital Caliper

$14.95

It's the rubber for the mic. Goes between the headphone jack and the charge dock.

Sam, the individual guides on here list the screw size with each step.

That little rubber square goes at the bottom of the iPhone it holds a flat ribbon in place but it is not absolutely necessary

Sam will be eternally grateful.