iPhone 5 power button not responding

My powerbutton wasn't working properly with clicking, the clip broke.

After ordering a new button I place it in properly and turned on my iPhone again. Unfortunately it's still not working or even worse then it was before, although it clicks again, it's not turning on or off the screen.

What could be the problem that is occuring with my iPhone 5, and how do I fix it.

Before replacing the assembly, try to take apart completely and push back little bent at the upper right cornet where the power button resides. Look closely. There should be a slight bent. If not, there should be some foreign substance deposited or corrosion. Clean that up. Now, get a new assembly from this short link http://amzn.to/1H4Bl2q which is at fraction of cost and replace it on your own again. You will be fine my friend.

By the way, also check out if the power assembly connector port at logic board (quite closer to the upper level of the battery) has some foreign substances inside. Blow it up and resit the cable. You will be just fine. Hope it helps.

Thanks for advising me altough I have trouble understanding what you want me to do with this part:

"There should be a slight bent. If not, there should be some foreign substance deposited or corrosion. Clean that up."

Michael Westerhof will be eternally grateful.